COVID-19 & DSF Conference Update

Our team at DSF understands that this is a frightening and uncertain time for our patient families with the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) in the U.S. We are continuing to monitor COVID-19 via the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).

At the time of this writing, the CDC considers the immediate health risk from COVID-19 in the U.S. to be low. We encourage you to seek advice from trusted websites and partners to assure you are prepared and taking appropriate precautions if there is a COVID-19 outbreak in your community. Useful and accurate information is available on the CDC website, including preventing the spread of COVID-19 in communities and directives for high-risk and special populations. Our friends at Dravet Syndrome UK recently shared advice for the Dravet community from their Medical Advisory Board, and the Epilepsy Foundation has put out a post on COVID-19 and concerns for those living with epilepsy.

With the input we have thus far, we have decided it is best to postpone our biennial conference that was originally scheduled on June 18-20, 2020, in collaboration with Cook Children’s Medical Center in Fort Worth, Texas. You can read more details on the conference here.

The health and safety of all of our attendees – our patient families, supporters, and partners – will remain our top priority. Should you have any questions, please reach out to Mary Anne at maryanne@dravetfoundation.org.