DSF is proud to partner with the Child Neurology Foundation to conduct a survey to understand caregivers’ experiences managing disruptive or harmful behavior in children with neurologic conditions, such as Dravet syndrome. Results will be shared with health care providers, so they are better able to serve children with disruptive and harmful behaviors.
Common symptoms occurring in children with disruptive behavior include:
- Defiance of authority figures
- Angry outbursts or agitation
- Other antisocial and age-appropriate behaviors such lying and stealing
Common symptoms of harmful behavior include:
- Direction of dangerous physical action at others
- Taking action to cause bodily harm to self or others
- Engaging in the destruction of property that has the potential to be dangerous to self or others
This brief survey should take no more than 10-15 minutes to complete. Primary caregivers of children with neurologic conditions can complete the survey here by April 24th.