Raising Hope & Changing Lives
The mission of Dravet Syndrome Foundation (DSF) is to aggressively raise research funds for Dravet syndrome and related epilepsies; to increase awareness of these catastrophic conditions; and to provide support to affected individuals and families.
- The ongoing need to fund innovative research.
- The urgency in finding better treatments.
- The motivation of our donors to make an impact specifically in the fields of Dravet syndrome and related epilepsies.
- The importance of transparency and accountability of not only our organization, but the researchers that we fund.
- The need for global collaboration in order to find a cure.
Dravet Syndrome Foundation was founded by a group of parents with the purpose of expediting research to find a cure and better treatments for their afflicted children. It was established in the state of Connecticut and was designated a tax-exempt public charity in the United States in October 2009 by the Internal Revenue Service under Section 501(c)(3).
DSF realizes the significance of financial transparency to our supporters. We pride ourselves on maintaining operating expenses at a minimum to ensure that the generous gift of every donor truly brings us one step closer towards a cure. DSF is registered as a tax-exempt public charity by the Internal Revenue Service under Section 501(c)(3).
DSF’s tax identification number is 27-0924627.
In addition to our internal financial management controls to assure ethical leadership, DSF has established donation policy for pharmaceutical companies, sponsors and private donors. These guidelines serve as guidance for our board members, staff and volunteers to guarantee there is no real or perceived bias.